CDAC CORPORATE PROFILE
C-DAC was established in March 1988 as a Scientific Society of the Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India. C-DAC is primarily an R & D institution involved in the design, development and deployment of advanced information technology based solutions. C-DAC is a well-established organization with eleven offices in India. GIST Group is well-known for its work in Indian languages. GIST has become synonymous with the standards for Indian language applications in IT.
C-DAC, as a result of its pioneering developments, evolved the Graphics and Intelligence based Script Technology (GIST), with a view to extend the benefits of Information Technology to the vast and diversified multilingual population of India. Use of the GIST range of software and hardware products has led to the proliferation of the use of computers and their applications in all major Indian languages, with hundreds of thousand of users countrywide.
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) represents a unique facet to the nation's policies and initiatives in Information Technology. As an institution for high end Research and Development (R&D), C-DAC has been at the forefront of the Information Technology (IT) revolution, constantly building capacities in emerging technologies, innovating and leveraging its expertise, calibre, skill sets to develop and deploy IT solutions for different sectors of the economy, as per the mandate of its parent, the Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India and other stakeholders including funding agencies, collaborators, users and the market-place.
Over the years, C-DAC has diversified its activities to address requirements in various areas, consequently, our expertise also extends to other advanced areas of Information Technology, enabling IT based solutions in areas like Financial and Capital market simulation and modeling, Network and Internet Software, Healthcare, Real Time Systems, eGovernance, Data Warehousing, Digital library, Artificial Intelligence and Natural language processing.
C-DAC's National PARAM Supercomputing Facility (NPSF) located in Pune houses its latest and most powerful PARAM 10000, a 100 Gigaflop peak computing power Supercomputer. It is being used by C-DAC's own scientific and business applications development team and researchers and institutions all over the country.
They have centers at Delhi, Noida, Mohali, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Trivandrum etc.
Headquarters Bombay Area, India
To emerge as the premier R&D Institution for the design, development and deployment of world class IT solutions for economic and human advancement.
C-DAC's Mission statement has evolved after deep thought and in consultation with the members of C-DAC. The Mission Statement as defined below, reflects the fabric and character of C-DAC and integrates in the fulfillment of C-DAC's Vision.
- To carve out a niche in the global arena of advanced Information Technology and enhance our brand image.
- To continue to create and deploy the finest talent in our quest for further expanding the frontiers of High Performance Computing and Communication Technologies and its applications.
- To achieve rapid and effective spread of knowledge by overcoming language barriers using Natural Language oriented computing and Multimedia Technologies.
- To share our vast reservoir of experience for education and knowledge enrichment in the field of Information Technology.
- To utilize the intellectual property thus generated, bring benefits of Information Technology to Society, by converting it into an exciting business opportunity and establishing a self-sustaining and wealth creating operation
The essence of C-DAC's philosophy and the bed rock of our Corporate Culture...
- Innovation and pursuit of excellence in 'Applications', 'Research' and 'Technology' (ART).
- Integrity, transparency and openness in all our actions.
- Working with and through the 'Teams' is our way of life.
- Distributed Leadership across the organization at various levels.
- Strive to continuously improve our processes and quality.
- Address the needs of the society through user centric initiatives.